Sermorelin GHRH (1-29) description
Sermorelin (GHRH 1-29) is a peptide analogue of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). Sermorelin consists of the first 29 amino acids found in the 44-amino acid chain of growth hormone-releasing hormone. It is this fragment (1-29) that is considered to be the shortest fully functional GHRH fragment.
How does Sermorelin work
Sermorelin mimics the endogenous peptide Growth hormone releasing hormone – it binds to growth hormone-releasing hormone receptors in the pituitary gland, leading to a pulsating stimulation of growth hormone secretion from somatotropic cells in the anterior pituitary gland. The final effects of Sermorelin are derived from the results of the natural activity of growth hormone.
Scientific studies of Sermorelin
Scientific studies on Sermorelin in test animals have shown that Sermorelin promotes enhanced regulatory properties of several bodily functions. Some of these functions include increasing muscle and skeletal tissue growth, decreasing adipose tissue, increasing bone density, and increasing immune system function. It is also thought that Sermorelin may improve deep sleep, as these additional regulatory functions occur during the deep sleep process.
Sermorelin and clinical use
The peptide Sermorelin was officially approved by the FDA in 1997 for medical use as a diagnostic agent and for the treatment of children with growth hormone deficiency (GHD). In children who cannot grow normally due to growth hormone deficiency, Sermorelin can be used to increase the amount of growth hormone produced by the pituitary gland and to treat diseases and health problems associated with GHD (growth failure, dwarf, delayed puberty, etc.). Because Sermorelin is approved as a safe drug for use in children to increase growth hormone production, it is also considered safe for adults with growth hormone deficiency and is often prescribed by doctors as an anti-aging drug for adults.
Sermorelin benefits and effects
- Sermorelin stimulates and increases the secretion of growth hormone
- Sermorelin helps to improve the overall regeneration of the whole body, including internal organs
- Sermorelin helps stimulate protein synthesis, maintenance and muscle growth
- Sermorelin helps burn excess fat
- Sermorelin helps increase bone retention in bones
- Serremolin may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Sermorelin supports the proper functioning of the brain and its health
- Sermorelin promotes a sense of energy and vitality
- Sermorelin provides anti-aging effects
- Sermorelin promotes better sleep quality
Sermorelin possible side effects
- irritation at the injection site
- tingling sensation in the feet and hands
- excessive water retention
Optimal dose of Sermorelin for therapeutic use is often reported as 200-300 mcg of Sermorelin once daily before bedtime.